Guide to Hunger Related Help and Services
In Chemung County:
The Samaritan Center operates a food pantry Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday from 10am - 11:45am & 1:00pm - 3:30pm and Tuesday from 10am - 5pm. (closed from noon - 1pm)
Individuals must be clients of The Samaritan Center. Enrollment is simple and can be done on your first visit. Income eligibility is required. Please bring social security cards for all members of the family.
The Samaritan Center is located at 380 South Main Street, Elmira, NY 14904.
For more information, please call 607.734.4898.
Clothing is also available during Pantry Hours (if Volunteer Staff are available).
In Schuyler County:
Free prescreening for SNAP (food stamps) and application assistance by appointment Monday - Friday: 8:30am - 4:00pm.
The Schuyler Outreach Food Pantry is open Tuesday: 9am-2pm & 6pm-8pm, Thursday: 7am-2pm, & Friday: Noon-4pm
Schuyler Outreach is located at St. Mary's of the Lake Center, 112 Tenth Street, Watkins Glen, NY.
For more food pantry information, please call 607.535.2815.
For assistance with Food Stamps, please call 607.535.5133.
We also have a network of 7 food pantries located throughout Schuyler County that provide individuals and families with a 3 day supply of food each month.
Food Pantry Locations:
- - Catherine Court: 408 W Main St, Montour Falls (residents only)
- - Cayuta Town Hall*: St Rt 224, Cayuta
- - Hector Presbyterian Church*: 5511 St Rt 414, Hector
- - Jefferson Village: 222 E 2nd St, Watkins Glen (residents only)
- - Reynoldsville United Methodist Church*: Rte 227, Reynoldsville
- - Romeo Village: 118 W Broadway, Montour Falls (residents only)
- - Schuyler Outreach**: 112 10th St, Watkins Glen
*Mobile Food Truck on site on the 4th Tuesday of each month from 10am - 11am on a rotating schedule.
**Mobile Food Truck on site on the 1st Saturday of each month from 10am - 11am.